"Wild Flower"
 
Written August 1st, 2013 by Holly Baxley
to the husbandman who cultivates the
garden within me ~ Brent Baxley
 
 
I'm wild like the woods
untamed - like the sea
A restless energy
beats inside of me.
 
A spirited wind
stirring up the trees
pushing ever onward
to new destinies.
 
I'm not made to be tame
I wish you could see
that I like who I am
though wild I may be.
 
I'm but a flower
so common to man
that I'm oft overlooked
yet blooming I stand.
 
I'm a Wild flower
reaching towards the sun
a fragile complexion
unfettered - undone.
 
Not given a voice
in who I would be
Yet if I chose a life
I would still choose me.
 
-- Because --

              I'm your Wild flower.
 
                                              That is...
 
                                                              ...if you'll have me
 
I took this picture on the Sequoyah Park Trail during a summer rain shower last week.
Even wildflowers have their own beauty to offer.

 
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, and God bless you! ~ Holly

There was an error in this gadget

Follow Posts by Email

Where you can buy my CD "Never Abandoned"

My latest songs...

Follow me...

Ask me to speak...

CLASSeminar Graduate

I write for...

Blog Awards

Blog Awards
I feel wuved...

I like to read...