"Wild Flower"
 
Written August 1st, 2013 by Holly Baxley
to the husbandman who cultivates the
garden within me ~ Brent Baxley
 
 
I'm wild like the woods
untamed - like the sea
A restless energy
beats inside of me.
 
A spirited wind
stirring up the trees
pushing ever onward
to new destinies.
 
I'm not made to be tame
I wish you could see
that I like who I am
though wild I may be.
 
I'm but a flower
so common to man
that I'm oft overlooked
yet blooming I stand.
 
I'm a Wild flower
reaching towards the sun
a fragile complexion
unfettered - undone.
 
Not given a voice
in who I would be
Yet if I chose a life
I would still choose me.
 
-- Because --

              I'm your Wild flower.
 
                                              That is...
 
                                                              ...if you'll have me
 
I took this picture on the Sequoyah Park Trail during a summer rain shower last week.
Even wildflowers have their own beauty to offer.

 
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, and God bless you! ~ Holly

Where you can buy my CD "Never Abandoned"

My latest songs...

Follow me...

Ask me to speak...

CLASSeminar Graduate

I write for...

Blog Awards

Blog Awards
I feel wuved...

I like to read...