Resting and reflecting

I needed some time to deal with the aftermath of emotions that came after I posted all that I did about going through the miscarriages, failed adoption placement, beautiful adoptions of my children and the loss of Anna.  I really needed to plug my way through it and just get it out of my head.  But after doing that, for many nights, I kept waking up in the middle of the night, with the song "Glory Baby" by Watermark running through my head.

And I thought about coming in and writing about the effects of this "grief" even now.  But honestly, I am so much more than the sum of my past experiences. You know?  And I feel like if I stay in this place of deep emotional goo, that eventually - you - my brand new readers, will get frightened and run away.  After all, who can handle reading gut wrenching things with almost each post?

So, I took time away, just to get still before the Lord and just rest my brain and my heart in that regard.  Not to squish down the feelings, but to give them their proper release.  Does that make sense?

Besides, I'm normally a jovial person.  I have quite a quirky sense of humor.  To show you what I mean, I just had to borrow this delightful snippet from a newspaper clipping I saw a few days ago on a blog called "Jesus. Woman. Words." (Hey Tracy!)


Here's her blog post:  Lovin Friday Randomness

And here's the picture.  I just have to put it here. It's TOO good NOT to share:














Isn't that awesome?!??

Anyway, this is what I put in poor, unsuspecting Tracy's comment section.

I laughed hard at the newspaper clipping! I use to not get dressed up to go to Wal-Mart till I became a stay at home mom with two babies. Then I realized that besides church, Wal-mart WAS the extent of my social life where people would actually talk to me in complete sentences and not spit up on me. I appreciated that.


Pretty soon, my husband started noticing the difference. "Hey, you're wearing clean jeans today. You must be going to Wal-Mart!" he'd exclaim. "Yep," I'd reply with a wink, "Got a hot date with my shopping list."


I'd hear him call out, "Are you taking the ki...", but I had no clue how that sentence ended, as I'd already be in the car, doors locked and rolling out of the driveway. ;)
Oh, how I NEEDED that laugh and remembrance!  It just centers me, somehow.

To this day, I still get dressed up to go to Wal-Mart...and Target...and Walgreen's. 

You know why?

Cause otherwise, my seven year old will stop me in the hall, shake her lil' head disapprovingly saying, "Are you really going out in THAT?"

Well I was, Fashionista, but uh...you're making me think twice now.  Now where DID I put those car keys?




2 comments:

karen said...

I am so honored to love you, and know you, sweet, sassy lady! I love Tracy's blog, too, and laughed till my sides almost split .. But first had to figure out what she meant when she replied in a comment of my own blog.. She finally saw where she was writing to you, on Threads of Hope, lol.. No wonder I scratched my head in a few emails from her - I had no clue what she was talking about, lol.. She, and YOU , are both my laughter of the day .. maybe that should be a new navigation bar on a blogsite - think? Miss you girlfriend..

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog. The fun stuff. The sad stuff. All of it!

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, and God bless you! ~ Holly

Where you can buy my CD "Never Abandoned"

My latest songs...

Follow me...

Ask me to speak...

CLASSeminar Graduate

I write for...

Blog Awards

Blog Awards
I feel wuved...

I like to read...